Request for Proposal
Our grant cycle for 2021-2022 has been completed. Congratulations to all recipients this year!
Grant applications for 2022-23 will be available March 1, 2022.
Funds will be available to 501(c) (3) tax-exempt youth organizations, schools and school programs whose mission aligns with that of the Triangle Fund. It is anticipated that the average grant award will be in the range of $5,000 to $15,000. Applicants should clearly demonstrate other funding sources.
Projects to be Funded
In 2021, the Triangle Fund seeks proposals from organizations in the tri-county region of Steuben, Chemung and Schuyler counties of New York State. Funded programs must focus on meeting the challenges and expanding the opportunities for disadvantaged youth in their own community, and must highlight and offer evidence of strong links between youth’s families, schools, and communities.
The Triangle Fund supports programs that:
- Promote positive youth development and leadership
- Examples: Volunteer opportunities, peer mentorship, or advocacy
- Provide youth with creative activities and/or cultural experiences
- Provide youth with proper nutrition and necessary meals
- Address educational achievement
- Examples: Mentoring, tutoring, educational field trips; increase in achievement, attendance, and/or behavior should be documented and measurable
- Prepare youth for the workforce
- Examples: Opportunities to receive job skill training, attend vocational courses, obtain internships, or other types of work-related, hands-on experience
- Provide support services to youth
- Examples: Case-management, counseling, financial literacy and/or other life skills courses
Projects NOT eligible for funding:
The Triangle Fund does not make grants from unrestricted funds for the following:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
- Religious purposes (Note: The Triangle Fund does support faith-based agencies, but will not support programs which: discriminate against other religions; discriminate participants from joining; include religious themes as part of their programming.
How to Apply
If your agency received funding for the 2021-2022 grant cycle, you will receive the 2022-2023 request for proposal (RFP) via e-mail on March 1, 2021. If you would like to be placed on our mailing list to receive an RFP, please contact our director via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-346-4453.
Throughout March and April of 2021, our Executive Director will offer meetings for all agency directors to review the RFP and have an opportunity to discuss specific programs and the possibilities of funding. These meetings are not mandatory but are highly recommended.
Multi-year grants are also available by invitation only.
The deadline for applications to the Triangle Fund 2021-2022 grant cycle is April 29, 2022. Proposals may be submitted prior to the deadline, but NO proposals will be accepted after 5PM on Friday, April 29, 2022.
Award decisions will be announced by July 1, 2022. Those receiving funding will be asked to attend a grant award ceremony to be held in July 2022, location, date and time TBA.