Request for Proposal
Our grant cycle for 2023-2024 has been completed. Congratulations to all recipients this year!
Grant applications for 2024-25 will be available March 1, 2024.
Funds will be available to 501(c) (3) tax-exempt youth organizations, schools and school programs whose mission aligns with that of the Triangle Fund. It is anticipated that the average grant award will be in the range of $5,000 to $15,000. Applicants should clearly demonstrate other funding sources.
Projects to be Funded
In March 2023, the Triangle Fund seeks proposals from organizations in the tri-county region of Steuben, Chemung and Schuyler counties of New York State. Funded programs must focus on meeting the challenges and expanding the opportunities for disadvantaged youth in their own community, and must highlight and offer evidence of strong links between youth’s families, schools, and communities.
The Triangle Fund supports programs that:
- Promote positive youth development and leadership
- Examples: Volunteer opportunities, peer mentorship, or advocacy
- Provide youth with creative activities and/or cultural experiences
- Provide youth with proper nutrition and necessary meals
- Address educational achievement
- Examples: Mentoring, tutoring, educational field trips; increase in achievement, attendance, and/or behavior should be documented and measurable
- Prepare youth for the workforce
- Examples: Opportunities to receive job skill training, attend vocational courses, obtain internships, or other types of work-related, hands-on experience
- Provide support services to youth
- Examples: Case-management, counseling, financial literacy and/or other life skills courses
Projects NOT eligible for funding:
The Triangle Fund does not make grants from unrestricted funds for the following:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
- Religious purposes (Note: The Triangle Fund does support faith-based agencies, but will not support programs which: discriminate against other religions; discriminate participants from joining; include religious themes as part of their programming.
How to Apply
Next year’s Request for Proposal for 2024-25 is not available until March 1, 2024. For your reference, however, you can find a sample of a recent Request for Proposal here.
If your agency received funding for the 2023-2024 grant cycle, you will receive the 2024-2025 request for proposal (RFP) via e-mail on March 1, 2024. If you did not receive funding last year from the Triangle Fund, and would like to be placed on our mailing list to receive an RFP, please contact our director via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-346-4453. Please note, you will not be able to use the above sample as your request for next year’s funding.
Throughout March and April of 2024, our Executive Director will offer meetings for all agency directors to review the RFP and have an opportunity to discuss specific programs and the possibilities of funding. These meetings are not mandatory but are highly recommended.
Multi-year grants are also available by invitation only.
The deadline for applications to the Triangle Fund 2024-2025 grant cycle is May 1, 2024. Proposals may be submitted prior to the deadline, but NO proposals will be accepted after 5PM on Friday, May 1, 2024.
Award decisions will be announced by July 1, 2024. Those receiving funding will be asked to attend a grant award ceremony to be held in July 2024, location, date and time TBA.